Gas prices have been on the rise for years, and if you commute to work everyday, more than likely your wallet feels the effect of expensive gas prices. We know it can be tricky waiting for gas prices to go down, which is why there are actually certain things you can that can help increase the overall fuel efficiency of your car. When your car has better fuel efficiency, you'll receive better mileage to the gallon and save yourself money over time.
The following tips will help you save money on fuel:
- Make sure that your gas cap isn't loose or missing. A loose or missing gas cap can cause gas to evaporate.
- Ensure that your vehicle's tires are always at the correct air pressure.
- Having regular inspections to check the thermostat for accuracy
- Replace the spark plugs as recommended by your vehicle's manufacturer
- Get a proper wheel alignment every 6,000 miles or as recommended by your vehicle's manufacturer
Keeping up with regular maintenance is the best way to ensure that you are getting the best gas mileage. Proper care of your car will take care of the tips listed above and boost your vehicle's overall performance in all aspects.
Another simple way to guarantee your vehicle's fuel economy is by changing your driving habits. If you tend to slam on the accelerator or brakes and drive aggressively, you are using up much more gas than you need. Following traffic laws and driving patiently will ensure that you get to your destination safely and will safe you gas money.
If your vehicle is due for a maintenance item or you suspect it may need a repair, bring your vehicle into the experts here at West Coast Tire & Service today!