July 4th is one of the most celebrated holidays here in the United States. Typically, you'll find family and friends gathered either at home, at festivals or events, or at fireworks displays. While this holiday is a tradition and is loved by many, this year looks a little different.
Due to the current pandemic, we understand how you may not be able to celebrate how you used to. Now, you have to limit your gatherings and many events, including fireworks displays, are canceled. While this can put a damper on your usual celebrations, there are still ways in which you can enjoy yourself on this day.
You can still fire up the grill, play some games, and eat your favorite foods. You can even enjoy some fireworks! If you are still planning on having a fun day this July 4th, we recommend following these safety tips to ensure a successful celebration:
- Driving somewhere this July 4th weekend? Keep in mind that July 4th is one of the most dangerous days of the entire year when it comes to vehicle accidents. While driving, be sure to watch your surroundings and be defensive when it comes to driving with other vehicles. The number of vehicles will be increased, so drive carefully!
- One of the reasons driving is so dangerous on the fourth is due to alcohol consumption. If you are planning on partaking, don't drive. Have a ride-share app ready or call a taxi. Better yet, celebrate at home where you can drink and enjoy yourself without having to worry about getting home.
- Planning a road trip? Here at West Coast Tire & Service, we can provide a vehicle inspection before your long trip to verify that your vehicle can handle the drive. If not, we help you take care of your vehicle's needs before you hit the road.
- Legal fireworks are always a fun idea! Sparklers and small fireworks are legal in some areas, so check local laws. If you have legal fireworks to light, be safe. Don't light them around other people, other homes, or flammable items.
- Stay hydrated at all times and bring extra water with you wherever you go. Also, don't forget sunscreen and other sun protection like sunglasses and hats.
- If you're planning on grilling, remember grilling and fire safety. Don't let small children around hot grills and take caution when lighting any fires.
- If you'll be out in public, wear a mask, and practice social distancing. Wash your hands!
We hope that these safety tips will allow you to have an amazing July 4th holiday. We wish you the best, and happy Independence Day!